A 30 minute ride from the airport, we arrived to cool lavender scented towels and glasses of champagne at check in. We got through our super easy check in and headed to our rooms...
If you are really bored you can check out this random video I made while waiting for our bags to arrive if you want to see our room
Anyway, next up here are some pictures of the resort:
We went with our friends Stephanie and Bill... our recommendations are get the shrimp fajitas from the inside lunch place and the tacos and ceviche from the outside lunch place. Also for the love of God please don't eat cheeseburgers IN the pool...just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it.
Our favorite dinner restaurant was by far Portofino where we enjoyed four course Italian meals...
You can probably skip Pirate Night and not miss any sleep over it....
Ok, we've talked about food...now let's talk about the really fun thing about all inclusives...the delicious tropical drinks....our crowd was most interested in:
- Trying the drink of the day every day
- Delicious wine to accompany our multi-course nightly meals
- Iceberg- A beer with a mixed drink on top (don't knock it until you try it!!)
- Make.your.own.bloody.mary.bar. Everyday. At.Breakfast. Absolute heaven for me. I had these every single morning...and converted a fellow traveler or two :)
- Delicious and beautiful pre-dinner cappuccinos..
- and of course lots of vacation champagne :)
- Not pictured (but still enjoyed)
- Pacificos with lime
- The Bull (A Bill Sabo favorite that was rum, pineapple juice and beer)
- Pineapple juice and Rum
- Anything in a martini glass
Another thing I have to mention is that the service was absolutely impeccable. They really make you feel incredibly special and important here...your drinks never get halfway empty without someone making sure you have another on the way... I have never heard the words "my pleasure" so much in my life as at this resort...everyone was just there to make sure we had the best vacation possible. From the waiters to the bartenders to the woman that cleaned our room (twice a day mind you) we felt totally and completely pampered all week...