When the superbowl rolled around this year I knew I already had a pin board full of delicious choices to make for our small gathering, but this one was at the top of my mind...delicious, fun, easy and kind of impressive looking.... Pizza Monkey Bread!
Each of those little pull of pieces has a piece of (turkey) pepperoni and a small piece of mozzarella cheese in it.... seriously..how fun is that?
You could make your favorite pizza crust and sauce...or make it quick and easy like us and buy your favorite pizza crust and sauce...
We whipped up some garlic butter
Then pinched it into little balls painted each one with a dab of garlic butter and just started loading them up into the bundt pan.
Fill it up, bake and it will come out looking this....
Look how fun!!
pull a piece off, dip in pizza sauce and enjoy with friends!
Here is the recipe: adapted from JasonandShawnda.com:
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 lbs pizza dough
- Pepper jack cheese, cut into small cubes (you'll need ~48 pieces)
- 48 slices of Turkey pepperoni (from 1 package)
- 2-3 cups marinara sauce, warmed, for serving
- Heat garlic and butter over medium heat just until the garlic begins to brown. Remove from heat and let sit.
- Lightly brush the inside of a bundt pan (or other oven-safe dish) with garlic butter.
- Pull off large marble-sized balls of dough and flatten. Top with a slice of pepperoni and a cube of mozzarella.
- Wrap the dough around the pepperoni and cheese, pinching well to seal.
- Very lightly brush the pizza ball with garlic butter and place into the bundt pan
- Once a layer is down, sprinkle with seasonings...I used garlic powder and a few red pepper flakes, repeat this on every layer or so of balls that go into the bundt pan.
- Repeat until all of the dough is used.
- Cover and let sit for 30 minutes, while preheating the oven to 400.
- Bake for ~35 minutes, until the top is very brown.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto a platter and serve with warmed marinara sauce for dipping.