I made a couple of changes to the original recipe mostly because I am way too cheap to spend $10 for an ounce of dried porcini mushrooms, but I assure you you won't even notice.. I have made my changes in the recipe below. Look at the original link if you want the recipe with the dried porcinis.
Since I left out the fancy dried mushrooms, I doubled up on the button mushrooms.....and got this pretty package of fancy mushrooms.
|sautee all of the mushrooms (button and fancy) in the skillet with the butter, olive oil, garlic and shallots|
|add the white wine and let it cook down a little bit|
|stir in the cream cheese and green onions|
|whip up the bechamel sauce|
|and put a layer of it in the bottom of the dish|
|start the layering|
|End with a layer of sauce and parmesan cheese|
|Take out a bubbly creamy delicious lasagna|
|serve with a simple salad and some crusty bread|
Makes 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 cups chopped shallots (about 4)
- 1 (12-ounce) package presliced cremini or white button mushrooms
- 1 (4-ounce) package presliced exotic mushroom blend
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 6 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- 3 cups 2% reduced-fat milk, divided
- 1 1/10 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/4 cup)
- Cooking spray
- 9 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- For the Mushroom Filling: Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots to pan; sauté 3 minutes.
- Add cremini and exotic mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; sauté 6 minutes or until mushrooms are browned.
- Add thyme and 3 garlic cloves; sauté 1 minute.
- Stir in wine; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until liquid almost evaporates, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Remove from heat; stir in cream cheese and 1 tablespoon chives
- For the Sauce: Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add remaining 3 garlic cloves to pan; sauté 30 seconds. Add the 2 3/4 cups milk, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; bring to a boil.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup milk and flour in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Add flour mixture to milk mixture while whisking, and simmer 2 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- To Assemble: Spoon 1/2 cup sauce into an 11 x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray, and top with 3 noodles. Spread half of mushroom mixture over noodles. Repeat layers, ending with remaining sauce. Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden. Top with remaining 1 tablespoon chopped chives.