I saw this recipe.. red onion, kalamata olives, feta and Avocado! On a pizza? I was so in.
Sooo there isnt much to say...
we rolled the pizza dough out, topped it, baked it, suffered through 10 minutes of delicious smells and then it was eating time!
I love avocado added to anything and pizza was no different. It adds a nice level of creaminess which delish.
Recipe (adapted from avocado.org)
Ingredients:Whole wheat pizza dough from whole foods- split into two pizzasgarlic, chopped (depends on how garlicy you like it.. I used like 6 enormous cloves)parsley, chopped (about a tablespoon)olive oilmozzarella cheese, shreddedAvocado, slicedred onions, slicedfeta cheese, crumbledkalamata olives, sliced
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Shape pizza dough into a 12-inch round. Combine the garlic, parsley and olive oil to form a paste. Brush this onto the pizza dough.
- Sprinkle ¾ cup of the mozzarella cheese over the brushed pizza dough. Add the red onions, avocado, feta cheese and kalamata olives. Spread the remaining ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes on a pre-heated pizza stone (we pre-heat ours for 30 minutes at 500) or until cheese is melted and crust is browned. Serve.
- Pour yourself a frosty beverage, put in a good movie and have a good Friday night!