So let's get started....
Grab a block of your favorite tofu... extra firm
Grab your favorite pasta sauce (the more garlic the better in my most humble opinion)
Cook the pasta until al dente and stuff them with the faux cheese mixture
Ours was enjoyed with a salad and a giant piece of garlic bread.
from Eat Live Run on the PBS Website
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 16 ounces extra firm tofu
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1 box jumbo shells
- 1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce
- Drain the tofu and pat dry with paper towels. Crumble into the bowl of a food processor or high-speed blender along with olive oil, salt, oregano, garlic and nutritional yeast. Process on high until smooth and “ricotta-like”.
- Add the defrosted spinach to the blended tofu mixture.
- Cook shells in boiling salted water until el dente. Drain
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour about ½ cup pasta sauce into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan. Stuff shells with 2 T of filling and place in pan, seam side down. Repeat until all shells have been stuffed.
- Pour remaining pasta sauce over shells, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Serve!
Yield: 6-8 servings